Here at Bath Cake Company we love chocolate and are always looking for ways to jazz up a traditional chocolate cake, and adding a hint of cherry jam never disappoints. Why not give our recipe for Black Forest Cupcakes a go and send us a picture of your finished cakes…
Our recipe will make approximately 12 cupcakes.
- 100g self raising flour
- 20g good quality cocoa powder
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 40g softened salted butter
- 120ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Cherry jam
- Chocolate buttercream
- Preheat the oven to 170C (325F or Gas 3).
- Cream your butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract together then add half to your butter and sugar mixture with a spoonful of flour. Then add the rest of the milk mixture and beat until combined.
- Slowly fold in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Spoon your mixture into paper cupcake cases until approximately two-thirds full and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the sponge bounces back to the touch.
- Once your cupcakes have cooled, cut a small piece out of the middle of each cupcake and fill with cherry jam.
- Pipe your favourite buttercream swirl on top and finish with chocolate flakes.