Bath Cake Company (BCC) is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely, and to understand how we use it.
- how and why we collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis
- what your rights are.
How and why we collect information from you
Bath Cake Company will collect information from you when you enquire about booking a cake, a class or a party or any other service from us. We will only collect the information we need in order to provide you with our products or services.
We may use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
- to provide you with a quote for our products or services
- to communicate with you regarding a product or service you have enquired about, ordered or booked
- to help us to administer accounts, services and products which we offer
- to inform you about our services or products
- to deliver a product to you
Who we share your information with, why and on what basis
All personal details supplied by you to us are kept confidential. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place a suitable systems to safeguard the information we collect from you. We do not sell your details. We will not pass on your personal information to third parties other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by you, the customer.
IT Companies – We work with businesses and freelancers who support our website and other business systems.
Marketing Companies – We work with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys and product reviews on our behalf.
Keeping in touch with you
When you telephone or email us to order a cake, book a place on a class, or book a party, or book a class online or any other product or service we may store your email address on our Mailing List to keep you updated about offers or news about BCC. You can select to be removed from this Mailing List at any time.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Bath Cake Company, these are called your Data Subject Rights.
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
You may request the above by emailing email@example.com